Is Urban Farming the solution to Land shortage and Food Insecurity in Urban areas?
Urban farming is the practice of cultivating, processing, and distributing food in or around urban areas. It encompasses a complex and diverse mix of food production activities, including fisheries and forestry, in many cities in both developed and developing countries. Wikipedia
Nowadays, there is a big tendency for people to move from rural to urban areas, with larger cities experiencing bigger population densities than ever before. This global phenomenon is urbanizing the world, transforming the way we live, work, travel, socialize, and even eat. Living in high-dense cities imposes its own challenges raising the demand for better access to sufficient food. And this is where urban farming plays a key role.
- How to Choose a Real Estate Agent?
- The Importance of a Soil Test Prior to Purchasing Land
- Land markets and its potential from backdrops of Mbarara city
The Advantages of Urban Farming include the following;
- Creation of resilient food systems: The deployment of urban agriculture initiatives enables the development of local, sustainable, and resilient food systems. By transforming unused and underutilized spaces into urban farms, we are transforming the landscape of our cities and giving them an edible value to pave the way to food self-sufficiency.
- Preservation of biodiversity: The multiplication of urban agriculture zones favors the preservation of biodiversity in cities. As a place to eat and live, these initiatives contribute to the diversification of living organisms in the urban environment. The establishment of several varieties of fruits, vegetables, fine herbs, and edible flowers in the vegetable garden encourages the support of these insects and organisms which are essential to life.
- Added value to properties: Integrating urban farming into an existing building creates value. Once unused or underutilized areas, these rooftops, terraces, and ground spaces now have the opportunity to become a green oasis, where fresh and healthy food grows.
- Awareness of healthy eating habits: Urban agriculture initiatives connect people with nature and with their food. Vegetable gardens become learning platforms that raise community awareness of the importance of adopting healthy eating habits.
Amity Realtors Ltd is your land Estate Partner that will help you get affordable land in urban centers, same land that you could use for Urban Farming.
Email: email@example.com Tel: 0777564588/ 0755282898